Our aim is that pupils at Willowbrook School:
- Will develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently in our increasingly technological world.
- Gain a repertoire of knowledge, understanding and skills to be able to make quality prototypes and products as well as critique, evaluate and tests these products.
- Know the principles of nutrition and hygiene and how to cook some basic savoury and sweet dishes.
Each unit children study in DT will use technical knowledge to take the children through the three key areas of design and technology: design, make and evaluate.
There are two attachments below:
1. A vertical progression map showing the journey our pupils take in DT at Willowbrook School.
2. An example Unit Overview for our Y4 Viking Longboat Unit. We have created a detailed unit like this for every unit our pupils will study during their time at Willowbrook School.