Our aim is that pupils at Willowbrook School:
- Produce creative work, exploring and developing their ideas in a range of ways;
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques;
- Develop the confidence to evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design;
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
Our curriculum is designed to engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. We want our pupils to develop a critical eye, drawing on their knowledge of the subject to express their opinions about different artwork. Our curriculum enables children to see how art and design both reflect and shape our history; contributing to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation. Our Art curriculum often enhances or compliments the wider learning in our curriculum, with many powerful links made to History in particular.
There are three attachments below:
1. A subject disciplines progression map, showing the progression of knowledge and skills over time.
2. For more information about what Art and Design in the Early Years looks like, open the attachment called 'EYFS and NC links' or visit the curriculum overviews page to look at the EYFS themes in more detail.
3. An example Unit Overview for Y3 Roman Mosaics. We have created a detailed unit like this for every unit our pupils will study during their time at Willowbrook School.