Our aim is that pupils at Willowbrook School:
- Have a secure knowledge of the locations of significant places and get the opportunity to 'visit' every continent during their learning as geographers;
- Develop a deep interest in different places, the purposes they serve and how humans interact with/depend on them;
- Understand the physical and human characteristics of different environments, and their interdependence;
- Develop a wide geographical vocabulary, using correct terminology when discussing or writing about geographical topics.
There are three attachments below:
1. A vertical progression map showing the journey our pupils take as geographers at Willowbrook School.
2. An example Unit Overview for our Y4 Kenya Unit. We have created a detailed unit like this for every unit our pupils will study during their time at Willowbrook School.
3. Finally, you can open a document outlining how our curriculum supports the progression within the subject disciplines of Geography.