Our aim is that pupils at Willowbrook School:
- Develop a coherent knowledge of Britain’s past and that of the wider world in a chronological narrative;
- Become deeply knowledgeable about past events, and in doing so, become more curious about the past;
- Understand how societies have changed over time and gain a well-rounded view of the diverse perspectives of the people who lived in these societies.
- Develop a wide historical vocabulary, using correct terminology when writing about or discussing historical topics;
- Make strong links between different aspects of History they have learned about.
There are four attachments below:
1. A visual progression map showing the journey our pupils take as historians at Willowbrook School.
2. You will see 'EYFS' mentioned at the start of the visual progression map. For more information about what History in the Early Years looks like, open the attachment called 'EYFS and NC links' or visit the curriculum overviews page to look at the EYFS themes in more detail.
3. An example Unit Overview for our Y5 Tudor Britain Unit. We have created a detailed unit like this for every unit our pupils will study during their time at Willowbrook School.
4. Finally, you can open a document outlining how our curriculum supports the progression within the subject disciplines of History.