Our aim is that pupils at Willowbrook School:
- Develop a coherent knowledge of Britain’s past and that of the wider world in a chronological narrative;
- Become deeply knowledgeable about past events, and in doing so, become more curious about the past;
- Understand how societies have changed over time and gain a well-rounded view of the diverse perspectives of the people who lived in these societies.
- Develop a wide historical vocabulary, using correct terminology when writing about or discussing historical topics;
- Make strong links between different aspects of History they have learned about.
There are three attachments below:
1. A vertical progression map showing the journey our pupils take as historians at Willowbrook School.
2. An example Unit Overview for our Y5 Tudor Britain Unit. We have created a detailed unit like this for every unit our pupils will study during their time at Willowbrook School.
3. Finally, you can open a document outlining how our curriculum supports the progression within the subject disciplines of History.